American Library Association, Chicago, IL
Associate Editor, American Libraries, 2004-present
- Developed, wrote and edited feature and department articles.
- Managed AL Focus, the magazine’s video arm.
- Created and managed the Inside Scoop and Green Your Library blogs.
- Filmed, conducted interviews for, and edited videos.
- Served as administrator for the magazine’s Drupal-based website.
- Provided editorial and technical support for the AL Direct e-mail newsletter.
- Recruited authors, created content, and scheduled articles for atyourlibrary.org, a website promoting library usage to the public.
- Maintained contact with hundreds of librarians and architects for the annual Library Design Showcase architectural feature.
Vance Publishing, Lincolnshire, IL
Senior Editor, Wood & Wood Products, 1999-2003
- Wrote and edited corporate case histories, technical articles, industry segment forecasts and other articles.
- Developed and produced the ISWonline Update e-mail newsletter.
- Created web pages for several articles each issue, as well as archives of the popular “Wood of the Month” feature.
- Produced Wood Extra, a tabloid issue distributed at the largest industry trade show each year.
- Reported industry news for two magazines and the iswonline.com website.
West Group, Deerfield, IL
- Copy-edited employment law books and newsletters.
- Provided technical support and communicated technology information to team members.
- Trained team members on specialized processes such as delivering files to the company printing plant and converting newsletters for CD-ROM publishing.
Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, Chicago, IL
Public and Interpretive Programs Volunteer, 2010-present
- Hosted programs for museum visitors, including Critter Connections, youth craft programs, guided nature walks, and butterfly releases.
Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa
B.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication, Cum Laude, May 1998
Major: Magazine Journalism
Area of Concentration: Chemistry